- On the Research Collection home page click Submit.
- If you are not yet logged-in, you will be asked to log in with your ETH user account.
- Cllick Start a new submission.
- Alternatively you can search for an already published work via its DOI or select a work from your ORCID profile to import its metadata into the submission form.
Select publication type
- Select a publication type from the dropdown menu.
- In the Describe step, please fill in at least all fields marked with an asterisk.
- You can make it easier for Research Collection staff to check your publication and avoid potential queries by also filling in as many optional fields as possible.
- This step shows potential duplicates. Please check by clicking on the title if the publication you are submitting is already recorded in the Research Collection.
If your submission is a duplicate
- Please cancel the submission process by clicking on Cancel / Save as Draft
- You can now go to the existing item via Search and suggest edits or additions, add a fulltext, add an organisational code or confirm an organisational code.
If no potential duplicates are shown or they are not real duplicates
- Click Next if you want to upload a fulltext or another digital object
- Click Skip file upload if you don't want to upload a fulltext. You will go directly to the Review step.
Upload: File & Access Rights
- Upload your file(s)
- Determine the access rights for your files
Upload: Deposit Version
If you are uploading a fulltext for a journal, conference or book contribution, we ask you to indicate which version you submit:
- Choose Original work if you haven't published the work before
- Choose Submitted, Accepted, Published, or Updated version, if you are self-archiving an already published work
Upload: Copyright Policies
- If your are submitting a journal article, a link to the journal's copyright policy in SHERPA/RoMEO will be displayed at the bottom of the Upload step page.
- If you haven't already informed yourself about the journal's copyright policy, you can now check which article version you are allowed to upload and if an embargo period applies.
- Please grant the ETH Library permission to use your work as described on this page.
End User License
- You now have the option of stipulating the extent to which others can re-use your work by issuing a Creative Commons license (for publications and research data).
- Select the desired license from the dropdown menu.
- If you do not wish to issue an end-user license, please select "In Copyright – Non-Commercial Use Permitted"
Review and Complete
- You can now review the submitted data and complete your submission.
- Your submission has been successfully imported. A confirmation has been sent to your email address which includes the DOI that has been reserved for this item.
- Please note that the submission is currently under review and that full texts and other uploaded digital objects will not be visible to external users until approved by Research Collection staff.