How to ad a Printer to your personal device (macOS):
The following drivers are available:
- Nashuatec models MP C3003, MP C5503, Aficio MP C305, SP3510, SPC430, SP 8200
- Nashuatec models MP C3004, MP C3004ex, MP C5504, MP C306z, MPC307, SP C440, SP 8300
- HP models E55040dw, E55040dn and MFP E57540c (smb://nas12.ethz.ch/id_bd_printing_drivers/MacOS/hp/hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg)
- HP models , and (smb://nas12.ethz.ch/id_bd_printing_drivers/MacOS/hp/hp-printer-essentials-SE-5_14_8_4.pkg)
card-hp requires the driver for HP model MFP E87650z.
card-ethz requires the driver for Nashuatec model MP C5503.
The easiest way to install and configure printers at ETH is the redesigned ETH Printers tool for MacOS.
The installed printers are configured with the correct tray and finisher options.
Download → ETH Printers.pkg (Signed by Houdah Software, notarized by Apple Inc)
Mac OS X 10.7.x and following versions
Requirements and Restrictions
- local admin rights (usually available),
- Download the appropriate printer driver from the manufacturer. (card-ethz -> MP C5503)
- Driver for model MP C3003, MP C5503, Aficio MP C305, SP3510, SPC430, SP 8200
- Driver for model MP C3004, MP C3004ex, MP C5504, MP C306z, MPC307, SP C440, SP 8300
- Due to technical reasons the options stapling and punching do not work at the moment. -> Webprint
- As another option to the manual installation/ configuration, the ISG D-HEST provides a printer installtion app: http://www.isg.hest.ethz.ch/en/anleitungen/mac-specific-information/drucker-einrichten.html
Open System Preferences and choose 'Printers and Scanners':
Click the plus sign in the lower left corner ...
|In the toolbar use the Control key and the right mouse button to choose the option 'Customize Toolbar'.|
|Drag 'Advanced' onto the toolbar. Close the window with the button "Done".|
Click on "Advanced".
Finish the installation with the "Add" button.
|Select the newly installed printer and open "Options & Supplies...".|
Configure the printer als follows:
Close the window using the "OK" button.
The installation is now complete. When sending your first print job you will be asked for your login. In this case the AD login has to be used.
OS X 10.7.x and following versions
Installation via the System Control panel
Requirements and restrictions
- local administrator rights (usually available),
- Download the appropriate printer driver from the manufacturer
- HP driver for model E55040dw und MFP E57540c: smb://nas12.ethz.ch/id_bd_printing_drivers/MacOS/hp/hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg
- HP driver for model , und : smb://nas12.ethz.ch/id_bd_printing_drivers/MacOS/hp/hp-printer-essentials-SE-5_14_8_4.pkg
Open System Preferences and then select 'Printers & Scanners':
|Click on the plus symbol in the lower left-hand corner...|
|Press the Control key and right-click the tool bar, select |
'Customize Toolbar' in the menu that appears.
|Use the mouse to drag the option 'Advanced' onto the tool bar. Close the dialogue window by clicking the "Done" button.|
Click on "Advanced".
Complete the installation by clicking the "Add" button.
|Select the required printer and open "Options & Supplies...".|
|Configure the printer as follows:|
Tray4: HP 520-Sheet Input Tray
Tray5: HP 520-Sheet Input Tray
Tray6: HP 3000-Sheet Input Tray
Optional Output Bin: HP 3 Bin Mailbox
Stapling Unit: 2 Staple Unit
Punch Unit: 2/4 Holes
Folding Unit: Not Installed
Booklet Maker Unit: Not activated
Close this window by clicking the "OK" button.
|The actual installation is now complete. When sending your first print job you will be asked for your login details, the AD login is needed here.|
Optionally, the password can be saved in your keychain, which is done by ticking the checkbox "Remember this password in my keychain".