From 20 April, MFA will be activated.
- No item will be deleted from the mailbox.
- NEW: Only emails and appointments are archived.
- NEW: Items older than 60 days are copied to the mail archive.
- After 10 years, the objects in the archive are deleted.
The deletion process can be suspended via the IT-Shop.
- Online archive with a full text search.
- There is no quota for archives.
- Access is browser independent.
Conditions and restrictions
- Since November 1, 2021, access to the Mail Archive (mailarchive.ethz.ch) will require a request via IT-Shop.
- Since November 1, 2021, external access (ETH-external) from the Internet to the Mail Archive will only be possible via a VPN connection.
- Deleted items will not be archived.
- Unread items will not be archived.
- Future and recurring appointment will not be archived.
- The mailbox must be hosted by the central IT Services at ETH Zurich.
- If the mailbox belongs to a student, then the student must have other working connections with ETH Zurich (association, etc.)
- There is no forward/redirection set on the mailbox.
- Once a mailbox has reached its quota, it is technically no longer possible to archive it.
The help and documentation can be found in the archive directly under the question mark Icon.
New: Projekt Mail Archive
All information about the project Mail Archive can be found here:: Project Mail Archive - IT Knowledgebase - Confluence (ethz.ch)
New: Archiving rules for mail objects
New: Questions and answers about mail archiving at ETH Zurich
in the div