Migration from Skype for Business (SfB) to TeamsOnly
In the actual phase of Microsoft 365, you can now decide in which client (Skype for Business or Teams) you want to answer incoming chats and receive internal calls. You also can steer in which service you would like to plan new meetings. Skype for Business will be replaced in the medium to long term. You can already take a step in this direction and have the so-called TeamsOnly mode configured. The migration offers the following advantages: You reduce confusion and have all new functions available. Chats with external participants outside of ETH will be possible again.
In the IT shop, you can now apply to migrate from Skype for Business (SfB) to TeamsOnly.
- You need a valid Microsoft Cloud Subscription to apply for the migration.
- Your Skype for Business account will be deactivated and can no longer be used.
- You lose all contacts that are currently available in Skype for Business. All scheduled Skype meetings no longer work.
- You need to set them up again with the team's meeting details. If your entire team is currently using Skype for Business, you should wait until your entire team can be migrated. Let your team manager contact your IT support office to carefully plan your team's migration.
Technical note: It may take a few hours for the new option to be activated.
Procedure for the migration:
- Open the IT Shop (ITSM https://itshop.ethz.ch).
- Click on anonymous in the top right - then on Login.
- Register with your ETH user name and your ETH password for e-mail (Active Directory).
- In the "Identity and Access" area, click Cloud Subscription.
- The corresponding area will open.
- Click on "Modify Cloud Subscription" and fill out the form.
- Complete the process by clicking on "Submit Request".